Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Rainy Tuesday

What a great rainy Tuesday! I'm so glad I can be home to enjoy it.

Today was a very relaxing day, and I was able to get tons of work done for school. I cozied up on the couch with my coffee and laptop and got to work. I'm really hoping I have a great three days and my lovely students give 100%! When they really get into it, it truly makes my job so much easier and extremely rewarding.

For dinner yesterday I made chicken fajitas and they were delicious! Connor and I had dinner while the sun was going down. We were able to watch the whole thing right out of our patio door. Today I made Italian chicken sausage (for the first time) with penne pasta. Connor loved it. I, on the other hand, wasn't crazy about the taste of the Italian sausage. But the pasta was fantastic!



I also made a single layer chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and a chopped walnut topping! It is sitting on my kitchen counter and I'm trying (very, very hard) to not devour it completely. I can't wait to have a slice while watching The Voice tonight! I love that show.



Connor had anatomy lab today and he dissected the abdominal viscera. He told me that his cadaver had gall stones which look like black Nerds (you know, the candy). YUMMM. He also let me know, although I could really do without all of this information, that we all have an "apron" of fat that begins right at the top of our abdomen. His choice of descriptive word there was a little disturbing to me, but it seems pretty accurate. He also had a pop quiz and he only got one question wrong. What a smarty pants.

Enjoy the rest of your rainy Tuesday!
Mandy


No comments:

Post a Comment