Saturday, September 8, 2012

Loving this rainy Saturday

I hope everyone had a nice, relaxing Saturday. I woke up late, made waffles, and cleaned the house like crazy. I loved it! On Friday, Connor and I went to Target to get a few things, particularly a vacuum. Our first apartment only had wood floors so there wasn't a need for a vacuum. However the new house has tons of carpet and it needed to be vacuumed desperately. So I bought my first big girl vacuum and I feel like a real woman now! I'm not sure what that says about female empowerment, but I'm not interested in going down that road. All I know is that wielding this big, beautiful sucking machine makes me feel powerful and I couldn't be happier.



My cleaning spree took up most of my day shockingly. I cleaned every nook and cranny of the patio doors and they are sparkling clean now. Connor said they look brand new, so I feel totally validated with my cleaning job. ;)  Connor is now studying in the living room (which has become his own private study space), and I'm in the bedroom watching Twilight New Moon. Those movies never get old!

Sadly I've seemed to have caught a cold. It's terrible. As soon as I enter school buildings, my immune system falters. I hate it. I've been sneezing and coughing all day, but I refused to let it slow me down today! I'm now chugging green tea and hoping that I'll spring back to almost full health within the next two days. Monday is Connor's convocation at school and I'm so excited to see him standing proudly on stage in a white coat. He's so awesome. Everyday I think about how proud I am of him for all that he has achieved and all that he will achieve in the future. I feel incredibly lucky to have met such a smart and motivated young man! :)

Okay well enough of me gushing. I'll get back to my cheesy vampire movie and green tea.

Goodnight,
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment