Saturday, September 22, 2012

Can I check your vital signs?

Happy Saturday! Happy first day of Fall! Happiness all around. It is officially Fall and I couldn't be... well, happier. Goodbye Summer. See ya next year!

So the other day Connor decided he would like to check my blood pressure and look inside my ear with his new doctor tools. It was pretty fun. Having my blood pressure taken is always very terrifying for me. I feel like my arm is going to explode and it's just an overall uncomfortable feeling. But Connor did a great job. After about five attempts, he got my blood pressure and it was low like always. I'm surprised I'm alive. It was something like 90/60. Then he looked inside my ear and said he saw my ear drum, which was white. Disturbing! I looked inside his, but all I saw were little hairs and something that looked like a tiny pebble. I doubt that was the ear drum! Connor then proceeded to try some of his OMM techniques on my back and he finally discovered the curve in my spine. I kept telling him it was there, but he was finally able to see it for himself now. He mentioned something about my spine being rotated back slightly and curved to the left. Sounds scary, right?! He did a couple of hand techniques that made my back feel great. He's going to be such a great doc!



A few big exams are coming up, so Connor is in full panic study mode. He has an OMM exam on Monday, and his second computerized exam is on Tuesday followed by his second Anatomy quiz right after. Needless to say, he really needs to bury his head into big textbooks.

Hope everyone has a relaxing Saturday!
Mandy


No comments:

Post a Comment