Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Happy Yom Kippur!

Having Wednesday off should be a normal occurrence in my book of life. Everyone needs time to catch up on things during the week and Wednesday is the perfect time to do it! I went to the grocery store today and got a couple of things. I bought the peppers for dinner and some rice. I was so excited to give my first attempt at stuffed peppers a go. They turned out delicious! I made them with a vegetable rice and ground turkey. Connor loved them. I also made some baked sweet potatoes chips. They were my favorite. I packed some for lunch tomorrow and can't wait to eat them again! (I sound like a glutton... I know.)


This morning I made banana walnut whole wheat pancakes and turkey bacon. It was such a nice way to start my day off. Connor kept saying that it felt like Saturday and it really did feel like the weekend. Connor didn't have Anatomy lab until 3pm today, so it was really nice to have a relaxing morning together. Usually, our weekday mornings consist of me running around getting ready, packing my lunch and barely noticing what pants I'm wearing while Connor makes the coffee and gets to studying. Needless to say, this morning was a great departure from the norm.


So on Tuesday Connor took his second big exam and an Anatomy quiz. He said they were difficult as expected, but he thinks he passed. I always think he does great because he's brilliant and works his tushy off. I took a picture of what he looked like studying as evidence of his misery hard work.

Tuesday night we went to the movies for cheapo night and it was so much fun to relax and celebrate Connor surviving his crappy exam day. We saw the movie The House at the End of the Street and it was pretty good! It definitely scared me. I'd give it a 7.5 out of ten. (Who doesn't love being a movie critic?) The back-story could have been developed a little more, but it still left me with a lingering sense of disturbance, which I think is obligatory for the thriller/horror genre. 

It's spirit week at the high school, which I forgot to mention in my earlier posts. Monday was Blast from the Past day and Tuesday was Twin day. My cooperating teacher and I both wore flowers in our hair for Twin day. It was cute! Tomorrow is Neon day, so I'm going to wear a bright orange cardigan. Friday is our Pep Rally, so we're encouraged to wear the school colors (red, green, and white). I have a feeling Friday will be chaotic! I'll be sure to keep you posted.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment