Monday, September 24, 2012

Case of the Mondays

Ohhhh boy. Am I the only person who had a rough Monday morning? It was just not easy getting up today. Especially since now the sun isn't rearing that beautiful head of his until about 7am. I had a bit of a rough morning, but thankfully, my day went really well. I did my lesson today all by my big girl self and it was wonderful! I'm finally getting the hang of it. The lesson was on writing complete paragraphs using their five proper paragraph rules. And they were great. I made up fun activities that involved going up to the Smartboard and grouping ideas into topic sentences and supporting sentences. They really enjoyed that. My favorite lesson that I've done so far was a lesson involving groups of students reading different paragraphs to come up with an original topic sentence relating to the details of the supporting sentences. Each member of the group had a role: speaker, writer, and reader. It flowed so wonderfully and the students had a great time.

I have a bunch of chatter bugs, but I'm learning now how to get their attention and re-focus them when their minds and mouths start to wander. That is truly the most difficult part for me. Teaching the material is the easiest (and most fun) part of teaching. Classroom management (in particular for high school kids) is... yuck. Hopefully it'll start to become second nature.

Connor had his OMM exam this morning and he was given step 9 of the modified ten steps of osteopathic examination. He was pretty happy about that seeing as that only involves asking the patient to move her (his patient for this particular exam was a female) head in a few different directions. Basically, it's a head and neck mobility test. He only lost one point which is great. Especially since he had the dean reviewing him (how lucky to get the dean to be your critic!). Overall, he kicked butt. As if I could expect anything less!

He's now studying for computerized exam #2 (the biggie) and the anatomy quiz, which he will be taking tomorrow morning and afternoon. I know he'll do great. He's been studying incessantly, just as a med student should!

So how about that Real Housewives of NJ finale yesterday?! I mean, holy crap, was that entertaining to watch or what? I don't know who to believe: Theresa or Melissa? I just couldn't tell. If you are lost reading this part, you can just skim right over it. Or you can tune in to the re-run of the episode tonight at 8pm.

I'm so happy that tomorrow is like a Friday because I have Wednesday off. My ESL kiddies are so cute. One of them  said, in response to being told that there is no school on Wednesday, "I love America!" I loved that! Indeed. God bless America and its resolute commitment to acknowledge and observe all (or most) Jewish holidays. I plan on making stuffed peppers with ground turkey on my day off and baking brownies. Living it up! My cozy home and my super awesome fiance make me the happiest girl alive.

Good night, blog supporters!
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment