Monday, October 1, 2012

It looked like a... sponge?

Hi guys! I know I probably shouldn't be blogging at this hour and instead should be curling up in bed preparing myself for sleep. I'm not a morning person by any stretch of the imagination, but no matter how hard I try, I just can't get to sleep before 10:30pm. I HATE it! I always regret it at 6am when I am reluctantly (and violently) vacillating between reality and dream world.

Anyway! I decided I had to blog to tell you all about Connor's grotesque interesting anatomy lab today. So today he was not physically dissecting because it wasn't his groups' turn. But, he was there to watch. And according to him, he was coaching the group and telling them "just cut it!"

Now, there is a very, very good reason why this group was so hesitant to push that blade down and I'm hoping you'll be prepared to handle this disclosure. Some of you who have strong stomachs are thinking "just say it already!" And are scoffing at my physical weakness. Your kind can relate more to Connor. However, I am not as strong. When Connor told me that the group would be cutting OFF a section of the penis, then cutting open the remaining portion, well, my body almost ejected the delicious brownie I had just consumed minutes before. But that's not all. The group would also be making an incision that would span from the penis to the anus--ultimately creating one, large orifice.  If you can stomach that then perhaps you should rethink your current career and consider the maniacal medical field.

Despite my inability to wrap my head around a group of people willingly shoving their heads into one big, vacuous hole on a cadaver, I am still intrigued when Connor describes his findings. He let me know that the inside of a penis has spongey material, which literally looks like a sponge. Isn't that marvelous? Maybe, maybe not. Regardless, I though that was valuable information that I should impart with you.

On to less vomit inducing news! (Hopefully I didn't gross you out enough that you won't find my food appetizing.) I made baked eggplant paninis today with roasted red peppers, spinach and mozzarella. They were fantastic. After school, I picked up some bread from the best grocery store in my town and when I got home, I decided... I'm sick of pasta. Let's try something different today. It was great too because I barely had any dishes! No pan, just a baking sheet :D I had Connor take a picture when we were halfway through devouring them.


Tomorrow is Connor's practical that I mentioned before. He's studying now like a cutie. I ironed his shirt and tie so he can look sharp and professional when he takes those vital signs like a champ! WOOP WOOP. I can't wait to hear how awesome he did when I get home. 

Sweet dreams!
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment