Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Goodbye High School!

Hi, guys! Hope you all had a great Hump Day! Today was wonderful in comparison to yesterday. My supervisor came to visit yesterday and it was so stressful making sure everything was ready for my observation. My lesson went well and my kids were ANGELS, thankfully. Of course I bribed them the day before and told them if they behaved reeeaally well, I'd bring them goodies on my last day. So naturally, they were angelic children. I was very relieved to get really great comments back. She told me that I had a great a great rapport and sense of humor with the students (obviously! They're like my children!). She also said that I am very advanced for just starting and that I have a  wonderful presence in the classroom...I supposedly "command attention." :O I couldn't be happier to hear all these things. I wish I was told that I was PERFECT, but I know that's impossible. However, I did get some really great advice! So it was productive. All I can say is, I'm GLAD it's over.

Tomorrow I'm throwing my kids a little "party" as a parting gift. I'm bringing cupcakes, chips, and juice. I'm going to miss my ESL III kids so much. It's incredible how attached you get to your students. It's so true that being a teacher takes way more than just teaching. It's like being a parent, a listening ear, a friend to laugh with. AHH what am I going to do? This is when panic mode sets in and I change the subject! :)

Connor has an exam and practical coming up next week. You know what that means! Studying misery is coming up. Thankfully my mom and niece are coming to visit this weekend, so Connor can have the house to himself while we're out.

So close to the weekend! Let's hope for a  Thursday that flies by!
<3Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment