Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Holy Sandy!

Hi guys!! I hope the hurricane hasn't treated you too badly! Luckily, my area did not lose power ever! (Thank you, LIPA Gods!) We were (and still are) so thankful. I know so many people who are still waiting for their lights to come back on, and I can only imagine how difficult these past few days have been. I'm so excited for life to go back to normal (except for returning to work).

Today I was so happy that the nail salon that is 1 minute away from my house was open!! I really needed to get out of the house. I was starting to feel a little stir crazy being cooped up in here all day. Not to mention, I've been eating like a bear preparing for hibernation, so I needed to escape the kitchen for a little. After I got my nails done, I tried to go to CVS and buy some things for our upcoming trip to Ohio this weekend, but the store didn't have power and was only accepting cash. It was the most absurd thing ever seeing an open CVS in total darkness. How weird! It's very cloudy so there wasn't even natural light to brighten up the place. Ridiculous. Those poor employees.

Anyway! On Monday, I baked a pecan pie while we were waiting for Sandy. I put some dark chocolate chips in it and it was PHENOMENAL. By the time Sandy was in full force, we were eating warm pie and enjoying a glass of red wine. I'm so grateful that we were able to get through the storm so comfortably!

Yesterday, I made french toast for breakfast. I hadn't made it in awhile, so I figured it'd be a nice treat. We've been eating soooo healthy these past 2 days, so I figured why not? ;) It was delicious. Then I baked some breaded eggplant and made some paninis for dinner. We really needed an easy meal due to our lack of food supplies here!

So after all this eating and sitting on the couch, I need some movement! I can't wait for the wedding this weekend so I can dance my tail off! WOOO. This will be my FIRST wedding ever and I couldn't be more excited. Celebrating love is a blast and I'm interested in seeing how all this wedding stuff comes together so I know what to expect for my own wedding this upcoming June.

I'm guessing tomorrow will finally be my first day at my new placement. I'm a little bummed that I didn't get to see a bunch of munchkins dressed up in costumes today, but hopefully I'll see some today when they knock on my door! :D

Connor has a friend from school over now and they're watching a movie together instead of doing work! :P Funny. It's cute that he has company. I love it. I gave them chips, pretzels, and candy, so I think they're good!

Hope everyone gets through the day and has some kind of return to normalcy soon! Crossing my fingers that those without electricity will get it back shortly!

Love,
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment