Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Lesson Planning and Chocolate Pretzels

Happy Hump Day, ladies and gents! Thankfully tomorrow's Thursday, which means we're that much closer to the weekend and freeeeeedom. I can't believe next week is my last week at my first placement. I'm going to miss the high school so much. I am shocked that I am saying this. I came into the placement apprehensive and certain that I was not meant to be a high school teacher. But I have been happily proven wrong. I absolutely love the students and the challenges that come with teaching tough content to English language learners. It has been such a wonderful learning experience and I wish it could continue indefinitely.

Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. But I'm totally optimistic that my second placement will live up to my awesome first. I'll start with my Kindergartners just in time for Halloween! I can't wait to see little munchkins dressed up in oversized costumes. Too cute.

When I got home from school yesterday, Connor already had dinner in the oven! It was such a nice treat. He made meatloaf, roasted potatoes and broccoli. It was delicious. After dinner, we went to the movies for cheap-o night again and saw Taken 2! It was sooo good. Such a great movie. I definitely recommend seeing it if you enjoyed the first Taken.

Today, Connor and I took a quick drive to Trader Joe's because I'm obsessed with their Maple Pecan Crunch cereal and I was all out! I had a breakfast crisis this morning when I had ten minutes before I had to leave and there was no tasty cereal in the cabinet. So while we were there (between staring at and salivating over everything else in the store) I grabbed two boxes and a bag of dark chocolate covered pretzel slims and they are... scarily delicious. Like eating a whole bag could happen if you are not careful.  :O


Connor got his score back from his Anatomy exam and he did really well. The average was a 73 and he scored above average! That exam was really tough and used words that are barely pronounceable, so I'm so proud of him for scoring as well as he did. Connor had anatomy lab this morning and dissected the shoulder, upper arm, and brachial plexus. He noticed that the cadaver had shiny, smooth bone in his shoulder, which is abnormal because bone is normally rough. Connor correctly guessed that this was a condition called Eburnation. This is impressive because this wasn't taught in lectures or anything. It was something that he read on his own, so I'm very proud of my smarty pants fiance. :) His hard work is certainly paying off!


Have a great night, lovelies!
Mandy


No comments:

Post a Comment