Monday, October 22, 2012

Monday.. No Fun Day

Hello Hello, everyone! How was your Monday? I hope it was better than you expected. I know how tough Mondays can be. I didn't even hear my alarm go off this morning. Poor Connor had to reach over me to turn it off. I was in a very deep dream that I sadly couldn't even remember because I woke up freaked out of my mind thinking I was late. Last night I went to bed way past 11, which was the worst idea I think I've ever had. Connor and I decided to start watching Pulp Fiction at 8:45pm. So, really, that was the original worst idea ever.

Yesterday I made Connor a peanut butter pie because he was reaaaally craving it. Like I mean craving, like a preggy woman. He usually doesn't put much pressure on me to bake. Typically I hear, "Babe, please don't burn yourself out. You really don't have to make that. Don't go crazy." Of course, I'm like oh, hush this is therapeutic! (Until the mess starts accumulating, and then I'm in baking clean-up hell.) However, yesterday was different. Before he left to a study session, I heard him say on the way out "Oh, you know what you can do... make that peanut butter pie." Oh really, Connor? I realized we didn't have the cream cheese needed for the recipe, so I text him saying, "Sorry, no cream cheese here :(". I get a text back: "I'll get it in on the way home!" I knew right then, he needed that pie. And that's my biggest weakness: feeding hungry, craving bellies. If I know someone is hungry and actually craving my food/baked goods, I'm a total sucker. You could pretty much get me to make anything with the right look. Except...veal. I won't touch a baby cow.
don't mind the ugly paper plate :x

Well anyway, the pie turned out great! I put it in a chocolate crust and sprinkled some chocolate chips on top. It took only 2.5 hours to harden in the fridge. Connor loved it. I tried it and it was incredibly decadent. Like decadent in a scary way... like it's in no way your friend. THAT kind of good.

Today, Connor had Anatomy lab and dissected the forearm. He said there are about eight muscles involved when flexing your wrist downward. Pretty cool to think about when you actually do it because it seems pretty effortless! He also had DPC today and he said his group members really appreciated his drawing skills. Not surprised! I've always thought he was a talented artist. Back in our RA days, he had pretty awesome bulletin boards - _- LOL I hope he's reading this and laughing. Oh to be in college again...

My supervisor is coming to observe me tomorrow. That pretty much makes me want to vomit and cry, but then I remember that I can do it! :) I'm teaching how to write direct and indirect quotations in a paragraph. Wish me luck!!

Have a good night!
Mandy



No comments:

Post a Comment