Thursday, October 4, 2012

The longest week... ever.

This week has felt like an eternity to me! I have no clue why, but I felt like every day should have been one day ahead. On Wednesday I was planning my next day as if it was going to be Friday. But alas, today is THURSDAY. Thank goodness, Friday is finally making its much anticipated arrival (way behind schedule in my book).

So I have great news about Connor's second computerized exam. He got an 87!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO! The average was an 81, so he scored a little above average, and I couldn't be more proud of my lovely fiance. I knew his hard work would pay off. I know he has a really long road ahead of him, but every accomplishment counts. They are all steps toward his big goal and I know he can do it! In case you didn't realize, I was a cheerleader for over 10 years of my life, so I'm used to this hardcore motivational stuff. Give me a C! C.... Give me an O! Okay... I'll stop.

Today I was able to leave two periods early because my cooperating teacher had to take one of her little boys to see the doc. Which meant I got home in time to catch Connor before he left for class and had lunch with him. It was such a nice treat. For dinner, I made balsamic chicken with cherry tomatoes and sauteed onions. It was very good. I tried to make a balsamic glaze (which is just a balsamic vinegar reduction), but it was taking too long and we were hungry! So we didn't really get the reduction part! :P Next time I try it, I'm going to start heating it much earlier.

I can't wait to head upstate tomorrow to see my family and have some cuddle time with my niece. I miss her so much, I can barely take it. I wish my family lived a little closer. It would make everything perfect. Maybe someday it'll happen! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Tomorrow's going to be a fun day of road trippin' with my love, and I love every minute of it.

Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday!
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment