Wednesday, November 7, 2012

And I'm Back!

So I took a little hiatus from blogging because of our very busy weekend away. But I hope you guys have been anxiously waiting for the next post! :D *Fingers crossed* We departed for Ohio onThursday evening because school had been cancelled for the rest of the week, so we figured we could get a head start on the long drive. School closing for the whole week was such a blessing! I felt like a little kid all over again, jumping on my bed wearing over-sized pajamas and thanking the man upstairs for working some magic and keeping me home.

To fill you all in: the road trip was a blast! We had so many laughs along the way (trust me there were a lot... 11 hours worth of laughter BOTH ways, so you can imagine). And the wedding was beautiful! I'm so lucky that my first wedding was a great one. It was magical, emotional, beautiful... all those happy, giddy things that you associate with love and weddings. I had to seriously fight back some tears. I spent 30 minutes doing my makeup, so ruining it was just NOT an option. I'm scared for my own wedding and what it will do to my fancy makeup. I just have a very strong feeling I'll be crying almost the entire time, weeping like a crazy lady.

I get overcome with emotion easily. I'm not even exaggerating. When Connor proposed to me, I couldn't even speak. I covered my face with my hands and was sobbing so hard that it was silent. You know what I mean, right? Like when you were a kid, and something so unimaginable just happened to you and you cried so hard that not a single peep could escape out of your mouth because it was clogged with air and overwhelming emotion. That cry was always legitimate, never brought on just for dramatics. But let me clarify. This was not because of something horrible. I was truly in disbelief that it was really happening, and that I was actually being proposed to by the love of my life. This was it, the moment I had imagined for so long. I couldn't even say "Yes!" until he asked me a second time to marry him and then I realized I actually needed to give a response. It's not like this was a movie that was going to keep rolling without the next line. Everything felt so cinematic. It was raining, people were watching, Connor was on his knee wearing a cute tie... Well, anyway! I just gotta make sure to get extra waterproof mascara for the big day.

After all the wedding excitement, I got home and realized I need to get cracking on my own wedding that is in less than a year. Unfortunately, I don't have Jennifer Lopez around to plan my wedding (fortunately though on the flip side because in that movie she also steals your fiance for her compensation as your wedding planner). I'm going to have to do this myself! So this Thursday I have a potential photographer stopping by to show me some pictures and give me prices. Hopefully he's not too expensive and I won't have to awkwardly sit around thinking of ways to end our meeting and masterfully move him out the door. Next on the to do list: Make consultations with 2 florists, and set up my bridesmaids dress appointment!

Today was my first day with the little kids. They were very cute, but the entire day consisted of make-up SLO tests. It was the most absurd thing I've ever seen testing Kindergartners. But you can't fight city hall, right? Poor babies. I can't wait for it to be over and actually have some fun teaching time with them.

Connor had DPC for the second time this week. He is the "doctor" in this scenario of a three year old named Emily. (Could it be any more fitting for him? I mean, really. It's like a sign from up above.) So his professor pretended to be the three-year-old, crying and complaining of pain all over. Connor did a great job and asked her if she wanted a sticker or a lollipop. He got some credit for that because this was their first time doing pediatric stuff. Cute. Supposedly, the little patient has swelling in her hands and feet and has a family history of blood disorders. What's your guess? I'm guessing some kind of clotting issue. But I don't know! I teach ESL. I would ask Connor what he thinks right now, but he has his serious studying face on. When that face is on, I'm quiet as a mouse. It's serious business saving lives, so I'm not getting in the way!

It's snowing, I ate some Italian wedding soup, baked some yummy brownies. I really can't complain about today. Tomorrow would be even better if it were a snow day, but I know that's not happening! Especially after all those days off because of the hurricane. *sigh* On Monday, I made the most delicious pesto pasta with spinach, broccoli, and chicken. It was too good. I carbo-loaded like a marathon runner (sans the marathon).

Hope you all enjoy the rest of this snowy evening!
<3 Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment