Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013 - Our Year

Happy New Year, everyone! It's finally 2013! I've been really looking forward to this day because this means that the wedding is just a couple of months away! :D We are six months away from our big day, so the countown officially begins! Just 178 days to go. This is exciting, but also anxiety inducing at the same time. There is still SO MUCH to do! I'm finally getting my BMs measured at the end of January and ordering their dresses. I also need to book a DJ, choose the groomsmen's formalwear, complete pre-cana, book a hotel... AHH. But I'm ready to take it all on! Connor and I are meeting with a potential DJ this Tuesday. We'll watch some videos and get a price quote, so hopefully it goes well. Oh, and I ordered my Save the Dates, so they should be arriving within the next two weeks. I can't wait to mail them out to everyone!

Break is officially over! *tear* Time to get back to reality. Connor returned to school today. He had a DPC session early in the morning. Over break he worked on a "Jeopardy" style review game. It was extremely cute! He had categories that he cleverly named like the ones you see on Jeopardy. One of them was called "Spirotweets" which is about spirochetes. Spirochetes is a class of bacteria, so some questions stated facts about the bacteria and contained hashtags like #borrellia. You don't need to understand all of this craziness! Just know that it was very innovative! :P His primary learning issue right now in DPC is Guillain Barre syndrome, which is what the group thinks that mysterious man with leg numbness has. Still waiting to find out the end result of that case!

Now that I have FINALLY graduated and finished my Master's, I have been stalking out my diploma in the mail. Every day I've been running to the mailbox at exactly 3pm to see if it's in there. I can't wait to hold it in my hands and probably sleep with it in between Connor and me. It's been so much work getting that degree that I might as well get some pleasure out of having it! As soon as I get it, I'll post a pic of it on here so you can all share in my excitement! :)

I hope all of you had a happy and safe New Year's eve! I had a blast at Jaime's party and made sure I kissed my sweetie-pie at midnight! :D

Best wishes for this new and fabulous year!
Mandy


No comments:

Post a Comment