Monday, January 28, 2013

Snowy Monday

Happy Monday, everyone! Hope it wasn't too brutal with the messy weather! I have to say that I loved seeing the snow fall this morning. Connor and I woke up early (well Connor got up early, I woke up an hour later) and got breakfast at the bagel cafe down the street before heading grocery shopping. While we were eating our delicious bagels, it started to snow. It was so pretty and relaxing. Unfortunately, my "break" ends this week and I go back to teaching! I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. Hopefully I can fall right back into the routine with my awesome students! :)

So we finished painting the entire kitchen and it looks so great! (I would post a picture but Connor is forbidding that I do that because supposedly it won't "do it justice." Maybe the next time he's in class, I'll sneak a pic!) Initially, we were thinking of only painting the little alcove in the back by our patio door. But after falling in love with the color and great ambiance it created, we decided to just finish the entire room. It's incredible what a difference it made. Of course now I want to paint the entire house! :P With time, I know we'll get it done. The next room to be painted: the living room! Maybe the next time Connor has a break from school we can get it done because it would be pretty time consuming. Our living room is much bigger than our cutesy kitchen!

Last week, Connor's group threw a baby shower for one of the ladies in the group who just had a beautiful baby boy! So for the party I made mini blueberry pies. I haaad to try one because how could I send baked goodies to a fiesta without knowing what they tasted like? Well, they were just phenomenal! I can't wait to bake them again... most likely for myself! :X  I wish I could have someone pop up in my kitchen every time I took a bite out of a pastry, cookie, cake.. WHATEVER... and would remind me that I'm getting married in a few months! Hopefully I'll be able to control my cravings more when it's crunch time in April.


Love,
Mandy



No comments:

Post a Comment