Friday, December 28, 2012

Merry belated Christmas!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday with their loved ones. Connor and I had such a fun time celebrating THREE Christmases! We spent Christmas Eve upstate with my family. On Christmas morning I got to wake up to Brianna opening gifts, which was so awesome. Her reaction when she came down the stairs and saw all the presents and the half eaten cookies was priceless. I loved every minute of it!

After we were done exchanging gifts, Connor and I had breakfast then headed back down to LI. We stopped at our house and exchanged presents by ourselves. Our first Christmas in our own little home was so cute and romantic! :P One of Connor's favorite gifts from me was a bottle opener made by a blacksmith. It's engraved with our wedding date and his nickname "Doc." It's pretty cool and rustic! I have to say my favorite gift from him was my cozy socks that have big, plushy cute pig faces on them! I can't take them off.

Connor and I headed out to see his family out east after we finished our own little x-mas. Mrs. D made a bunch of delicious food, as always! And we had tons of fun seeing Connor's extended family from Maryland. They have always played a secret gift exchange game, which I absolutely love! Everyone brings one girl and one boy gift and put it on a table. We all end up choosing a gift and are able to steal from a person. It is HYSTERICAL. I always laugh like crazy when I play it. Everyone has such a great sense of humor, so it makes the game that much more fun!

Luckily, holiday break bliss is STILL in affect! Connor has been doing some work, but it's not as much as he normally has to do. We were able to go out yesterday and have dinner (peacefully). It was such a nice treat to have a date night all by ourselves without feeling guilty about Connor having work to do at home! It's crazy to think how much we took that for granted pre-medical school. It makes our dates so much more special now. I'm sure as medical school gets more intense, they will become even more special.

Really looking forward to ringing in the new year! 2013 will be magical. Just a few more months until Connor and I get to celebrate our wedding! :)

<3 Mandy


No comments:

Post a Comment