Sunday, January 13, 2013

Fortune Cookie Optimism

Happy Golden Globes night!!!!! Really, I just love watching the red carpet prior to the actual award show. I'm really not crazy about who wins the awards. It's so much more fun to see the beautiful dresses and stylish hair! I've been paying close attention to fabulous hairstyles for wedding hair inspiration.

Tonight, Connor and I are taking it easy. I'm eating steamed veggie dumplings and brown rice, and he, Italian wedding soup AGAIN. I don't know how he's doing it. Just the sight of it in our fridge evokes a very serious, deep sigh, which is really me saying, "You again?" Good for Connor for committing himself to eat it until it's all gone. I think it's his inner penny-pincher that gives him the extra push...

So here we are, on the couch watching the red carpet as I  blog and Connor browses his medical embryology textbook. NORMAL. I get to look at pretty people and disturbing pictures of embryos. Just another med school perk. ;) Luckily, this week won't be too crazy. Tomorrow Connor has DPC, so he's working on his learning issues now.
Connor's perfect fortune

We cracked open our fortunes tonight and Connor's was disturbingly fitting for him. It was like a nice, friendly reminder that all the hard work will pay off in the end! Mine was a bit strange, but hey! I welcome any inheritance coming my way! A small piece of land really intrigues me. Could you imagine inheriting a small piece of land? How small would it be? Does the land have a happy house on top of it? Because that would be a wonderful added bonus. Well I won't hold my breath for any inheritance, but I'm glad we both received very optimistic fortunes!
My promising fortune

 I hope you guys are enjoying the new blog design! I wanted to make it more "me" and lots of pink really did that, I think! It reminds me of my upcoming wedding and I love it!

Also, tonight is the premiere of the second season of Girls on HBO and I can't wait to see it. I've been waiting so long for this night and it's finally here. I know it will be hysterical as always.


Enjoy the rest of this glamorous Sunday night!
<3 Mandy

2 comments:

  1. Hope you had a great sunday night watching the globes and girls! Enjoying reading about your adventures on your blog! XO K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! :) Thank you for reading! I've been enjoying reading your blog, as well! It's so great to see another couple who has made it farther into this journey. <3Mandy

      Delete