Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Where does the time go?

Ohmigoshh. It has been a whole week since I've posted! Connor felt like he needed to let me know as soon as I woke up this morning. As I told you, he gets up at 5am, so as soon as he hears me stirring (I'm still not sure how he hears it) he comes into the room to say good morning. (I know I'm ridiculously lucky.) This morning, he comes into the room and says, "I'm all caught up on the blog... You know it's been an entire week since you've written anything?" Guilt came over me immediately! But to my defense, the days recently seemed to be flying right by me! It didn't even seem like it was that long. It's a little scary.

The other night I had this horrible nightmare. I remember it so vividly because of how disconcerting it really was (which is why I can recount it to you days later). So, my nightmare was of me frantically getting ready for the wedding after I suddenly realized it was THE big day. In this dream, I had no idea that I woke up that day and I was going to get married. Naturally, there were a million things that hadn't been done! So I'm alone putting my dress on, struggling to put on contact lenses and fix my hair... I get in a limo and the entire time I'm freaking out because no one is with me! Then I realize that I never bought Connor's wedding band.. and all these thoughts flood my brain about how I am now going to have to buy a wedding band when I'm already in my wedding dress (which wasn't my REAL dress). I even imagine the option of pretending to put a wedding band on his finger, and freak out at the absurdity and invalidity in doing that.

(To fast forward) My limo driver drops me off at my wedding venue (which wasn't my REAL wedding venue), and I finally see Connor. While panting and almost in tears, I tell him that I need to go to the jeweler right away because I didn't get the wedding band because the wedding all of a sudden popped up out of nowhere! So he (of course) calmly takes my hand and tells me that it's no problem and we'll just go to the jewelry store in town. I don't remember how we get there, but we do. But in the store I talk to the lady behind the counter and explain to her I need an affordable ring like RIGHT NOW. So she decides the best bet is to give Connor a "temporary" ring (like a fake) for the ceremony then come back to pick up the real one. I'm mortified (but almost relieved) then... I wake up. Wasn't that so bizarre?!

Now, I'm a person who, despite what I hear from every cynical being, analyzes my dreams. I really feel that dreams ALWAYS mean something. I once watched a documentary on the science of dreams and learned that dreams could very well be an evolutionary skill that we have which allows us to puts ourselves in precarious situations that we fear or are anxious about so that if they do happen in reality, we are better prepared to handle them. I think that is 100% accurate. Connor, on the other hand, believes they are just a random firing of neurons. We both may be right (if that's even possible). But I really think I have anxiety about the wedding quickly approaching and feeling like I have to get so many things done in such a short amount of time!

I've never planned a wedding before. And I went to my first wedding about three months ago! So how could I not forget something?! Or just not realize I was supposed to do something. I find it so scary. Planning (coordinating) this wedding has pretty much been my sole responsibility and I just want to do an amazing job. In the end, what really matters is that we get married. If we do that, then it's a success! :P All the other stuff is just the fluff.

I know what you're thinking... enough wedding stuff already! What's that strange medical student doing?? Connor has been hard at work on DPC cases. He is the scribe of this case, so he's in charge of sending out the learning issues to everyone in his group after each session. His patient for this case is Jeb the 16 year old Mennonite (Amish). The group has already discovered that he got Tetanus. Now they are trying to figure out how he punctured his tongue and contracted the infection. Crazyyy. Apparently, the patient can't say how he punctured his tongue because he can't talk with the immense swelling in his mouth. Connor's guess is that he tried piercing his tongue with a rusty nail... hmmmmmmmm. I'd almost love for that to be the reason!

Anyway! Yesterday was really fun! Connor had his friend Matt come over to study together, so I went out and had lunch with my gal pal of mine. On my way home I stopped at the market nearby and got stuff to make chicken vegetable soup for the guys. Luckily I stopped them before they headed out to buy something. So I made a delicious chicken soup full of chunks of sweet potato, carrots, peas, and red onion. It was very yummy and perfect for the frigid weather we've been having. After Matt left, we decided we wanted to paint our little kitchen area. We went out got sushi to go, and picked up paint (which was 25% off), and got to painting! It was so much fun and it looks so cozy and elegant now! I can't wait to show it to our family and friends next time they come over. :)

While Connor was touching up corners, I tried a recipe I found on Pinterest for flourless chocolate cookies and they were too good... dangerously good. I had one and decided that was it! I'm still looking for an opportunity to get them out of the house! D:

<3 Mandy


3 comments:

  1. Yay, we both have SO's in DO programs! I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome!! I'm sure you hear all about OMM techniques! lol I find them so funny.

    Thank you so much for following!! I keep trying to follow yours, but I can't find the follow button on your page. :( I'm sure there's another way to do it, but I'm not blogger-savvy enough yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I fixed it! I'm clearly not blogger savvy at ALL but I make do.

    ReplyDelete