Thursday, January 10, 2013

Italian Wedding coming out of our eyeballs...

Hi guys! Connor's crazy exam week has finally ended, thankfully! Phewww. We are finally having a night of watching televsion on a normal volume! Just in time for my favorite new tv show, Mobbed! Flash mobs are too cool.

Last night, Connor used me as his patient to study for his Clinical Skills practical exam. That basically is a test of how well Connor administers a physical exam. So, for me, that meant a whole hour of Connor taking my blood pressure, examining my gait (heel and toe walking), touching my toes, breathing heavily... etc! Despite how mundane it sounds, it was actually really fun! We laughed between moments of serious doctor stuff.


Yesterday, I made a huge pot of Italian wedding soup with turkey meatballs. It was so delicious!  It was really exciting to use my new huge Calphalon 5qt pot. Connor loved it, and I was super proud of myself. I rolled the turkey meat into little meatballs, covered them with breadcrumbs, and fried them until they were cooked through. We have enough left overs for a whole week, so I bet you can guess what was our lunch AND dinner today!

I also made an eggplant lasagna on Monday night. It was quite the experience! I had no idea how much work goes into it. By the time I was done baking the breaded eggplant, I was sweating and opening our patio door to cool off while dunking lasagna strips into a pot of boiling water. It didn't look the best, but it tasted phenomenal. And it was worth it when Connor came home to a homemade lasagna waiting for him in the oven! I'm so glad that I have a handsome boy to cook for every night! And every once in awhile he treats me to a fantastic dinner of meat loaf and potatoes. ;)

We finally booked our DJ on Tuesday! It was really cool to talking to him and realizing how everything is going to come together so nicely on our big day. I can't wait to see everyone having a good time on the dance floor! I plan on dancing the night away with my groom! I have also been working on addressing our save the dates, so I can mail them all out by this weekend. I can't wait for all of our family and friends to get them! We are so happy with how they turned out. Our wedding website needed some updates, so feel free to click on the "Our Wedding" tab above to check them out! :)

Connor and I are FINALLY starting our wedding workout mission! We both got a membership at a local gym and plan on starting this Saturday. Yikes! I'm a little nervous, but fitting into a super tight wedding dress is my goal, and I'm going to do it! I plan on wearing my new Kleinfeld hoodie as a reminder of my dress motivation.

<3 Mandy





p.s. I found this picture of a corgi wearing a Zelda shirt and I couldn't help but see Connor in this doggy! The cutest, cuddliest puppy ever!! LOL





2 comments:

  1. You totally don't have to pre-cook the pasta! Just add about 1/3 a cup of water for every 1 cup of sauce you're using and don't drain the ricotta before you bake it! It'll come out perfect and cut out about a zillion hours of work and liters of sweat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol You're awesome! Thank you for this amazing shortcut! It will save me tons of trouble and time. I'm definitely going to do this next time, so Connor won't come home to me freaking out and sweating haha. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete