Monday, November 26, 2012

Life Post-Turkey

Hello Hello! How are you, guys? I really missed blogging. So, since I finally have time to catch my breath, here I am (10 pounds heavier)! I hope some of you had more self control when it came to food then I did during the holiday. I went CRAZY. One would have thought that I had never experienced Thanksgiving before because I just kept stuffing myself. But, I gotta say that it's nice to overindulge on holidays like Thanksgiving. Not only did I get spoiled with delicious food,  but also with wonderful company. I had such a good time visiting family out east. We laughed all night. I couldn't ask for anything more!

On Friday, after all the Thanksgiving fun, Connor and I had our engagement photo shoot! Before the shoot, Connor and I were frantically throwing clothes everywhere trying to decide what we were going to wear as if this would be the last time we were ever getting photographed. Thankfully I put together a solid outfit after 10 minutes. Connor, who never takes more than 5 minutes getting dressed, wasn't sure what look he wanted to go for. And to be fair, I was being pickier than usual! I was just so nervous because every time I see engagement photos on the internet, THEY ARE PERFECT. Are they real?! Are those models!? I don't know, but they look like movie stills! So I felt like there was a high bar to be met there. But then I took a couple of deep breaths and remembered that expressing our love in the picture was the most important aspect of the photos. And we have so much of it that we wouldn't have a problem. Also, professional photo editing is phenomenal.

So we followed our photographer to this beautiful park and took pictures by the water, under trees, on a bridge... it was awesome! It really made me feel special. By special I mean, lucky to have found someone that I could do these ridiculously silly, but romantic things with and have so much fun the entire time. It made me feel like I was in a cutesy romantic comedy and I loved EVERY second of it! I can't wait to see the pictures. We should be getting them by next week! :)

Please excuse the paper plate! :P
Saturday was kind of a wasteful day for me, I have to admit. I was just so exhausted and lazy. I didn't even cook! We bought pizza and watched a movie when Connor was done studying. Connor, unlike me, was extremely hard at work. He studied all day long, so I was very proud of him as I sat on the couch wearing my lazy pants and furry socks.

Yesterday, I decided enough was enough. I need to be productive! For me that translates to cleaning and cooking. So I cleaned the house and finally found the courage to open my defrosted 5lb turkey breast in the fridge. I got the scissors cut the bag and... freaked. Raw meat has never been my strong point. It's frightening to me, but I've come a long way! I mean, a very long way. There was a time where I couldn't see raw red meat without gagging. Literally gagging. The raw turkey had some parts that I was just not very fond of, so thankfully, Connor came to my rescue and cleaned its insides! After that, I was good to go. We rubbed it with some seasoning, popped it in the oven and I began all my side dishes. Everything was delicious! I encountered a bit of a speedbump with my sweet potato casserole, but nothing some steaming couldn't handle! I was so proud of myself (and Connor for being the turkey sitter). I felt like a real woman... very similar to the first time I used my big girl vacuum.

Going back to work today wasn't the easiest, but thankfully the day went by very quickly! Let's hope the next four weeks do the same. I'm ready for Christmas time!

<3 Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment