Sunday, November 11, 2012

Wedding Dreams and Messy Tables

Happy Sunday, friends! How's it going? I hope you're having a relaxing day and enjoying this great (but eerie) weather. I find it a little scary how drastically our weather is changing. THESE ARE THE END TIMES! Kidding. I'm definitely not going to be another person who obssesses over that end of the world nonsense. But really... we have to do something to address these wacky weather patterns. If it's going to snow, stay cold! Give me more snow, more days off, and more baking time! I'll take more blankets too. I love a good blanket to stick my cold tootsies in.

On Friday I had a blast with my friend Kim who came over to visit. We had great conversation, drank some Velvet Devil wine (it's delicious and you should try it), and danced around my spacious living room like crazy broads. It was so much fun. Love a good girl's night! Connor's friend Matt stopped by too, which was great. He makes us laugh. I was so happy to have company over so they could eat the leftover brownies I had! Otherwise, I'd eat them all. :X

Yesterday I visited 2 florists, which was kind of a hassle,  unfortunately! Call me naive but I wasn't expecting it to be so much work! I thought I'd walk in, show some pictures, and they would make my wedding dreams come true. Now that I'm back to reality, I know that there's much more to consider! I realized 1. I have expensive taste in flowers (WHY are the prettiest things in the world always so expensive?!) 2. Bonding with your florist is super important and 3. Putting a wedding together requires a vision, and shockingly some people just don't get that!

After learning all of these things, I realized it's a blessing to find someone who understands what you want. When I found it, I felt so relieved and decided to go with the florist that I trust to make my wedding as beautiful as I imagine it to be. It might be one day, but it's one day that you'll remember forever. Growing up I never dreamed of a wedding. I never imagined the dress, or the flowers, or even the guy. I even thought maybe I would never get married, live in a swanky one bedroom apartment, and fill my oven with expensive shoes. But Connor changed all of that for me. Without even trying, he made me believe in the whole fairytale of love. I can't imagine living without him and all the joy he brings into my life. And now I can't wait to celebrate us finding each other with the most beautiful, romantic and special wedding possible! So what I'm saying is... I really need those pink peonies... ;P

Anyway! Enough with all the mushy stuff. Connor has been studying like crazy for the past two days in preparation for his Musculoskeletal exam tomorrow. He's been taking over sitting at the kitchen table with his laptop and all of his textbooks since Friday. Last week it was the couch and the coffee table. I don't blame him for moving. He's studying constantly so a change of scenery is much needed for his sanity. But I gotta say, I can't wait for the next big migration (hopefully back to the desk this time) and end all of this studying madness for at least 2 days! :)

Tonight I might be baking again. Not sure what just yet, but I will definitely fill you in when it's all done!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday,
Mandy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment