Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Can anybody spare a quarter?

Hello loved ones! Just want to update you on some great news. Connor got his score back on his Anatomy test and he got a 100! I'm so proud of him. I think it was great motivation for him to keep chugging through this tough month. School has been very intense for him the last two weeks. I don't think Sandy helped, either. He's been having very long days and tons of work to do, so he's starting to feel overtired. It'll be nice for him to relax on Thanksgiving.

Isn't he such a qt?! 
He has two practicals on Monday: one for OMM and another for Anatomy. So the studying madness hasn't slowed down at all! I think the intensity of the year definitely picked up and it happened so abruptly! Hopefully Connor's morale stays up. I've been making him good food and rubbing his head when he gets tired and I think that's been helping. :)

Oh and just to update you on the migration. If you haven't noticed the picture to your right, Connor has migrated BACK to the couch. I like it though because he's closer to me now! I get to check out some of the crazy things he's learning. He truly amazes me for knowing all of this stuff because it is ridiculously confusing. I'm not sure how his brain works, but good for him! He's my science rockstar :) Right now he's studying NSAIDS... again!

Today I went to the laundromat and had such a mess of a time there. It was just awful. I didn't have enough quarters (and no cash to put into the machine), so I walked over to CVS to get cash back for buying overpriced make-up remover cloths and toothpaste, and I realized my debit card wasn't in my wallet. So then I had a panic attack and had to drive all the way home (in said panic state) to find the card. After searching through what felt like a thousand leather Coach purses, I finally found it! So I run back to the car, drive to the stop sign at the end of my street, and realize YET AGAIN the card is no longer in my sweaty palm. So I turn around, drive back to the house, search the sidewalk and BINGO it's on the ground...mocking me. To make a long story short: it was a laundry fiasco.

All of this hysteria over THREE QUARTERS. I wanted to scour the street for quarters because I just couldn't believe the chaos that a lack of three quarters could bring into your life. I feel as though they must be everywhere, just lying around like little treasures. I even thought to myself in my state of desperation that maybe I can just stand in front of CVS begging for spare quarters. But that doesn't work because people truly prize quarters. They are of actual value and not given away like trashy pennies. Who ever is in desperate need of a nickle or a dime? Those are such rare occasions at the register when you're buying a single item like mouthwash. I just want my own washer and dryer in my own cozy home that are always accessible and don't obnoxiously eat all of my lunch money in quarters. I can't wait for that day. And on that day, I will bow down to those machines and praise them for the convenience they will bring to my life.

Moving on! The laundry is done and I don't have to worry for another seven days. Phew! Mom's coming to visit this weekend and she's joining Connor and me to Mrs. D's annual soup social! She's very excited to see what it's all about. I know she'll be amazed by how wonderful everything looks (and tastes)!

On Saturday, I have an appointment with a possible photographer. Hopefully this one goes well!
Have a great Thursday, everyone. One day closer to Friday! YAAY.

<3 Mandy


No comments:

Post a Comment