Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Surviving Hell Week

Hi guys! Sorry I haven't been writing much. Student teaching is starting to come to a close and I am feeling VERY overwhelmed with all that I need to finish. This Thursday I have an observation with my supervisor. I'm not nervous about it. I just really hate all the work that's involved in preparation for her visit. I've been working on my lesson for the past 3 days and I'm so sick of looking at it! I've been staring at gingerbread men for way too long. I'm doing a math lesson on number recognition using gingerbread men and buttons, and I'm not too crazy about it. I think the lesson is great, but I'm just not as passionate about this stuff as I was with high school content. I had so much fun making high school lessons. I thought Kindergarten would be a fit for me, but I'm surprised to say that I prefer high school! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I find a job in a high school soon after the hell of student teaching is over.

Connor has been preparing for his huge content exam that is quickly approaching this Friday. It has been a very stressful home sadly! I'm really looking forward to Christmas break when we can unwind and separate ourselves from all the work for a little bit. I had a moment last night where I wanted to hide in my closet because it seemed so much more peaceful in there than anywhere else. NOT EVEN JOKING. And I'm scared of small, confined spaces, but that was actually the better alternative to facing the reality of this hectic week. Connor's stress has manifested in binge eating junk food, particularly ice cream. It's scary! He has these huge bowls of coffee ice cream to give him a "pick me up." I think it's more of a mini therapy session every night, but what do I know!

Some good news about Connor and med school: he got wonderful grades back in OMM. All 100s! He's such a smarty pants. I'm so proud of how well he is doing in his first few months. He always motivates me to be a more hardworking and optimistic person. I love and admire that about him. <3

We are still waiting to get our engagement photos back. I'm dying! If I don't hear from them by this Friday, I am definitely giving them a call. I am so excited to see how they turned out. I will keep you guys filled in.

Wish us luck surviving this crazy week! We're almost there! :)

Love,
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment