Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Showered with Love

Okay, so I've completely fallen off the face of Blogger. BUT I'm back! The past week has been so busy, but in a very good and fun way. First, I want to update you on Connor's robotic patient lesson. Connor was the leader, so after his team made many efforts to help resuscitate the cardiac patient, he had to say that he would have no other choice than to pronounce the patient dead. HEAVY stuff, right? Well, that was the whole purpose of the situation--to teach the students how to tell a patient's family member that he or she did not make it. Connor said he was very caring and took his time listening to the family member express her concerns. As he was telling me the store, I keep thinking how well this profession suits Connor (and NOT me!). I don't think I would be able to handle such things, but that is why I'm a teacher, not a doctor!

So anyway, now to the more FUN news! This past Sunday was my amazing, super incredible and
wonderfully girly BRIDAL SHOWER! My shower was not a "surprise"...I knew the day and time. However, the whole party blew my mind. The decorations, the food, all the people who came, and all the gifts left me speechless. It was all so beautiful and special. The entire time I kept telling myself how lucky I am to have such an amazing family. My mother-in-law was the host of my shower and she really went above and beyond to make every detail count. Everything was so pink that I just could not get enough of it. Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a true girly girl, so everything was out of a dream for me.

So grateful for all of the amazing gifts that I received. I got lots of cool things for the house; Connor and I are having a blast looking at everything and putting them in special places in our little home. Now I can't wait to have a real house, so I don't have to store so many of my pretty things away! lol. In time, I know! We have a long way to go still, but it's something to look forward to!

This week is AP testing, so I'm proctoring... which translates into "I'm having a crummy work week." I hope everyone else is having a better one! But I'm getting through it with a smile on my face because Saturday is my BIG FITTING DAY! I cannot wait to see my glorious white dress hanging in that fitting room. I am going to probably scream and cry simultaneously. I can't wait to tell all of you how it goes.

Also, Connor and I met our new priest yesterday. Our original priest became really ill and we were devastated to hear the news that he wouldn't be able to do our ceremony (and that he was even going through such a difficult situation). We grew close to him during our time at MC and knew that he would be able to speak of our love personally. Thankfully, our new priest is so kind and jovial. I have faith that he will make our ceremony just as loving as we hoped it to be. After meeting with our priest, we visited Manhattan College to speak with the music director about ceremony music. The meeting went well and before we left campus, we walked to the chapel just to imagine the ceremony that will be taking place in 39 days!! It was so emotional. All of the memories that we have in that chapel when we went to school there and when we met just came flooding back to me and I felt so happy! Love is such a wonderful thing and can make you feel as though anything is possible. I'm so grateful I found that and can go back to where it all began and make it official!


I hope all of you have a week with some kind of magic in it. Look really hard for it! Finding those little moments can make mundane weeks so much better.

Love,
Mandy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment