Monday, May 13, 2013

May is for Mothers

Hi guys! Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day filled with love. This weekend, I was so lucky because I was able to see both of my moms (mom & mom-in-law). So, my weekend was filled with motherly love and I was so grateful. There is truly nothing like the love of a mother to make you feel cared for and special. Thank you to all the mommies in the world that fill our world with plenty of nurturing love and affection! I am personally such a mama's girl. My mom is my best friend and wouldn't want it any other way! It has been that way since I was (an even tinier) munchkin. And if one day, I am blessed with a cutesy baby girl, I would hope we would have the same relationship. So, for my mom: Thank you for being so wonderful! <3

On Saturday, my mom visited and during her visit, we went to her first dress fitting. We hadn't seen the dress since February, so we were so excited. When my mom had first tried it on, it was in black. But we ordered it in a steely purple color. Just knowing we were going to see it in a different color made us really anxious. Thankfully, it was a beautiful color! Perfect for summer. It was such a happy, beautiful dress. And my mom looked GORGEOUS in it. I really couldn't be happier. We had to send it to get altered, so it will only get better!

The next day, Connor and I visited his family out east. We had a lovely, relaxing day filled with sunshine, flowers, and really good food. Momma D is a really great gardener and cook, so it was a beautifully delicious day! The patio was decked out with flowers and we ate filet mignon, grilled chicken, roasted potatoes, green beans, a cabbage & kale salad, and portobello mushrooms! Yummmm. We were lucky and brought home some leftovers (which Connor and I already devoured).

Tomorrow Connor has his second robotics lesson, which I am just as excited about. I wish I could be there to see what those robotic patients look like!! My imagination gets carried away thinking about it. The robot will be an emergency room patient with a cardiac problem and Connor is the team leader! :) Last time, he was the one intubating the patient (he was in charge of airway management). It was very stressful because they make it as realistic as possible. So the pressure is certainly on. If I remember correctly, the team leader just watches and makes sure everything goes smoothly. So, this encounter might be a little easier for him. But I will certainly keep you posted!

So far, the end of the year craziness hasn't hit yet for Connor. Maybe by next week it will. It'd be nice if it never does and we just roll on out of the semester! Wishful thinking, right? For me, just 20 more school days before regents exams!! WOOO. I can't wait to say bye-bye to this school year.

Oh and (before I forget to mention it) the florist appointment went really well! The sample centerpiece was beautiful and everything I hoped it would be! I'm so excited to see the effect of 13 of them filling our reception room.

Hope you all have an easy, breezy work week! :)

Love,
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment