Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Suffering from piles... of work?

Is anyone else in disbelief that April is almost gone? I know I am. But I am happily surprised by how quickly this month is passing. It just means I am that much closer to the big day! All this planning is really starting to wear me out. As exciting as it all has been, I'm just ready to enjoy everything that we've worked so hard to set up. It's just become so burdensome! Any free time I have, I'm just stressed out by all that is still left to do. It makes relaxing very difficult to say the least. The only thing keeping me sane is Connor's amazing sense of humor. He reminds me that all of this wedding planning madness isn't really what matters. We found each other and that's what counts. Two seriously cool cats are coming together to start a seriously awesome life together! ;)  I can't wait to get to the blissful newlyweds phase and hang out on a beach in Puerto Rico until my skin melts!

Anywayzz. This weekend, I visited my mom and stayed with her while Connor was out gallivanting in West Virginia. I had a blast spending quality time with her and my kooky niece. We had plenty of girl time and I loved every second of it. We played games, watched movies, went shopping, and baked brownies... I fell asleep with my niece holding my hand while we were watching Hotel Transylvania and when I woke up at like 11:30, I saw our hands and my heart melted like butter! She's just the best little girl in the world. I hated that it had to end, but I was really looking forward to seeing Connor!

Connor loved the Tough Mudder competition. He finished the entire 11 mile course in about 5 hours... in one piece! Which is all I ever wanted! :) He survived all the mud pits, electroshock therapy, and the "arctic enema" (this involved him jumping into a dumpster filled with ice-water). He really wanted me to post the link to the site, so you can see it for yourself! ;) Click on the obstacle names and it will link you to pictures and videos.

So after our fun-filled weekends apart, we are back home now and back to the routine... Enjoying each others company,  but not the routine, for sure. Connor is cramming for DPC and I am dreading week 2 of exams! :( When will the school year end?! Not soon enough! This weeks learning issues are already driving him crazy, which means I get to stare at his lovely profile hunched over his desk all night for the next three days! Thanks a lot med school! 

To end on a funny note, Stedman's Medical Dictionary taught Connor and I that "piles" is a medical term for hemorrhoids. HAH! FYI: I found this out because I've been looking at vintage advertisements on pinterest lately, and this lovely one popped up:


Love,
Mandy <3


No comments:

Post a Comment