Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Finding those sweet silver linings...

I'm not so happy about this week... or the fact that it's only Tuesday! :( This week the students have lots of testing and it's very stressful for both them and the teachers! Unfortunately the testing will go into next week, so the end is nowhere in sight! UGH. This weekend I'm heading upstate while Connor heads off to the Tough Mudder competition. I'm a nervous wreck about it and just want it to be over. With the tragedy that just happened yesterday in Boston, I am just not comfortable with letting my fiance travel hours away! But I have to stay faithful and hopeful that he will be okay and get home safely. :/ I also hate saying goodbye. I'm awful with them because I'm way too emotional. I cry almost every time I say goodbye to my mom, niece, or Connor. I just can't help it!

The only silver lining I can get out of all of this yuckiness is that I'll finally see my adorable niece. I haven't seen her in so long and it's been so hard for me to cope with that! Going from practically seeing her every day to now only seeing her twice a month has been truly difficult. I'm trying to get used to it but it's not easy.

Connor took his content exam on Monday, so thankfully all of that stress has been alleviated! As usual, he said it was difficult and he's been panicking about how he did. I keep trying to assure him that he did well. I know this because of his track record! ;) So my confidence is based on facts. Now, he's working on the pancreas and all things related to it. Today he didn't have any classes, which allowed him to really catch up after all that content exam cramming. He also managed to make me dinner! It was so great coming home to a handsome boy in the kitchen cooking a meal for us. Have I mentioned how lucky I am? :D

This past Sunday, Connor and I went to his brother's (and our future sis-in-law's) engagement party. It was so much fun to get dressed up and celebrate love! Plus the cake was super yummy! I usually don't eat the cake at parties because it's sub-par and not worth the calories, but I really enjoyed this cake! And therefore ate the whole slice. :O

When I got home I decided to make dinner even though I was not really in the mood. (Mind you, I hadn't cooked since Thursday...embarrassing.) Since the coconut shrimp turned out so well the other day, I made coconut chicken bites and they were equally delicious! We couldn't stop popping them into our mouths. It took quite a bit of time to make, but it was definitely worth it. The savory sweetness is to die for!

So although I started this post on a down note, I'll try to end on a happier one: I called Kleinfeld and my dress should be coming in with the next 2 weeks! AHH Can this be real?! I am beyond excited!

I'm hoping that this week turns out better than I expect it to...

Love, Mandy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment