Monday, December 17, 2012

Nothing like wine and cake to cheer you up...

Hello guys! Hope you all had a happier Monday than I did. Today was extremely tense at school. Luckily the kindergartners were still their innocent and oblivious selves; most of the students I saw today were unaware of the ugliness of Friday's tragedy, thankfully. But most of us teachers were feeling tons of anxiety and administration has now put many new safety regulations into place.
Needless to say, today was more than just your typical bad Monday. I'm glad it is finally winding down.

Tomorrow is my third and FINAL observation of student teaching and I couldn't be happier. I'm so excited for this phase to be over and to begin life as a certified teacher with a Master's Degree. It has been such a long, arduous road that it feels so wonderfully relieving to reach its end. The hard work has paid off. :)

Connor's semester is really slowing down, which is great! He's mainly working on DPC learning issues right now. His patient is complaining about weird leg pain and has recently just gotten over the flu. He also has a messy demeanor, a family history of alcoholism, but says that he does not drink. Who know what will be the resolution! Connor's "patients" remind me of movie plots. Stay tuned to find out the truth! Was that patient truly sober? Or was he a gin guzzling liar? Who knows?!

Anyway! We finally got our engagement pictures back!! They are so beautiful and I couldn't be happier with them. I love how they turned out. Now it's time to make the Save the Date cards! So excited to get working on those and send them out by the beginning of January. I hope everyone loves them. I was able to scan our prints last night at Mrs. D's house where we went for dinner. It was so much fun seeing everyone and eating delicious food. AND she made my favorite orange cake as per my humble request. It's like a sweet pound cake with orange flavor. IT'S SO GOOD. I die for it. It was such a nice treat. I'm going to have some more today, which is bad idea, but I can't resist it!

Hope everyone has a happy and safe week before the holiday!

Love,
Mandy <3


No comments:

Post a Comment