Monday, June 24, 2013

Finally got my silver lining!

Hi guys! I have such exciting news to share that I couldn't postpone writing a new post any longer! For the past 6 months I have been waiting to find out if I would become a permanent teacher at the high school where I work. Last Wednesday, I got some of the best news ever! I was hired as a full time ESL teacher starting in September! I couldn't be happier! The past year was really difficult with Connor just starting medical school and me finishing my Master's. Money was TIGHT to say the least. (It still is, of course, with the wedding approaching.) It is such a relief to know that starting in the Fall we will be in a much better place financially. I wasn't sure what was going to happen if I didn't get the job, but thankfully, I don't have to worry about that anymore! No more subbing!

I'm pretty nervous about all the work that is to come, but it will be so wonderful to finally get to do what I love and went to school for! So to all those teachers out there who are losing hope in finding a job, I hope I can be even a small inspiration. It can happen!! Stay optimistic and keep working hard. It will absolutely happen, if you don't give up. :)

So with all this good news coming my way, I can't wait to party with everyone I love at the wedding! 6 more days!! :O I'm promising myself to enjoy this wedding week as much as I can! It'll be over before we know it!

Love,
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment