Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Oh hi world....

Sorry that I've been slacking in the posts department. Wedding invitations have taken over all of my free time... and I'm not happy about it! I had no idea that it was going to be such a project. I've been working on them religiously for the past 2 weeks and I'm finally starting to feel like I'm making a dent. Thankfully, Connor was able to help me tonight with assembling. His schedule has been pretty manageable lately. I assume it's because spring break is quickly approaching!

I'm so excited to actually have a fiance next week that I can look at directly into the eyes and not at his side profile as he stares into a computer screen.  We have lots of painting planned for next week and I can't wait to get started. Our bedroom and bathroom are going to look completely different once we're done. Painting made such a difference in our kitchen, so I'm excited to keep it going! :) It makes the home feel much more cozy.

Last weekend, Connor marched in the NYC parade while it was snowing pretty heavily. It was so bizarre to watch on television. (I have yet to go to the parade! One of these days I will make it there.)For the past few years, the weather has been pretty lovely for the St. Paddy's Day parade, so it was a little strange. I have to say I am so ready to push Winter aside and welcome in Spring time! I'm so sick of wearing the same sweaters and Ugg boots! Really, my fashion creativity has reached an all time low. I need some warm weather inspiration!

On Sunday, our new "hometown" had a parade for St. Patrick's Day. It was so much fun, despite the frigid weather. Connor and many of his classmates shaved their heads for St. Baldrick's. It was pretty funny to watch. Even though he wasn't marching in the parade, Connor dressed up and brought his bagpipes and played some tunes. It was a good, busy weekend!

I hope all of you had a great St. Patrick's Day filled with lots of bagpipes and delicious food! I will update you guys on our painting mission very soon! :)

Love,
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment