Monday, March 11, 2013

Feeling the Luck o' the Irish

Hello everyone! I feel like it has been FOREVER since I've written on here. I'm having serious withdrawals. I'm sorry that I've been blog slacking. Life has been pretty busy lately. I have so much wedding stuff to finish...ahem, like a gajillion invitations that stare back at me from my coffee table every time I sit on my couch. And a letter from my DJ telling me to fill out song selection forms, like NOW. I keep telling myself that it will get done somehow! My mom is coming to visit this weekend, so I'm hoping she can help.

Sticking with tradition, Connor will be marching in the NYC St. Patrick's Day parade this Saturday. It's one of his favorite times of the year (second I think to Summer). He's such a talented bagpiper, so it's a treat to see him play with such enthusiasm. Yesterday, we went to Connor's hometown parade, which he marched in with his band of pipers. It was lots of fun. I took a video of them playing. After the parade, we went to a party at Connor's aunt's house and ate good food and saw lots of family and friends. The weather was perfect! Not a cloud in the sky. It was such a fun day.

Today I had a demo lesson for a potential job for the next three months. I think it went really well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I did my best and I feel that there was nothing else I would've done differently. So with that being said, whatever is meant to be will be! I'm lucky that I already have a job to fall  back on. BUT, this would just be a great step up. We shall see what happens! I find out next week, so I'll be thinking about it until then. AH. Also, I'm very grateful that my amazing future momma in law, sis in law, and brother in law helped me prepare. I'm so lucky that I'm expanding my family with such incredible people! I'm such a lucky girl. I really can't believe how lucky I am sometimes. I think someone upstairs really has my back! ;)

After our whirlwind of a weekend, Connor and I came home to prepare for a hectic Monday. He had DPC and had only completed one learning issue! :O Unheard of! But he managed to get everything done between last night, early this morning, and in between OMM and DPC. Kudos to him. He's such a hard worker. I called him while I was having a printer failure meltdown and he tried his best to help me all while seriously catching up on a ton of work. Best. Boy. Ever.

He's still working on the same case. Right now, he's completing his learning issue on the pathology of osteomyelitis. I had to ask him to spell it about 4 times. Yikes. Embarrassing. I'm normally a great speller! The "e" threw me off. Wanna know what osteomyelitis is? Well, you probably already know that it's related to the bone and it has something to do with inflammation. Basically, it's a bone infection. Connor said the patient had reccurent UTIs and that caused bacteria to be in the blood. Then she clumsily banged her knee against the table and the bacteria went to her injured knee. WHAT!? Yeah,  I don't know. It's like an episode of House in here.There are these crazy scenarios that you have to piece together, but without the pill-addicted, arrogant doctor in here to solve them. Just Connor in his cute, yellow, med-school hoodie and dopey me on the couch in my fluffy socks trying to catch up on all the medical lingo thrown in my direction. It's fun! I think many years from now, we will miss these kooky nights. :P


I hope everyone has a great, easy week. Stay dry! I think lots of rain is headed our way! :( BLAGH.

<3 Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment